LesserEvil Healthy Brands 360° Brand Strategy
Brand name limiting growth opportunities
- Natural channel communications not translating to mainstream consumers.
- Evolution of brand and product line driven by opportunity not strategy.
- Buddha instantly recognizable, yet polarizing outside of Whole Foods.
Improve and grow the brand to not only satisfy core market but also expand to a larger market.
- Brand awareness not scalable.(Consumers recognized Buddha Bowl product as the brand, limiting innovation to popcorn).
- No brand recall for Lesser Evil with consumers despite heavy promotion in Whole Foods.
- Each new product seen by consumers as new brands.
- Random fans created Buddha Bowl Instagram account and influencers followed it instead of Lesser Evil.
- Brand name and core identity meant more internally than to retailers & consumers.
- Evolve Buddha Bowl to make a cohesive brand story, product line and packaging architecture.
- Reposition snack guru that makes mindful snacks for the real world.
- Simplify ingredient messaging without dumbing it down.
- Celebrate the company’s manufacturing ethics.
- Establish brand-driven guardrails for innovation.
The snack guru. Life’s a journey, we’ll bring the snacks.
Sinful Taste. Clean Snacks
- Topline growth 50% in first year
- Launched 4 new product lines in first year
Sources: Forbes, Project Nosh, LesserEvil
Scope of Work
- Audits & Analysis
- Audience Insights
- Research & Insights
- Trend Analysis
- SKU Rationalization
- Brand Positioning
- Visual Strategy
- Packaging Design
- Branded Ecosystem
- Sales Collateral
- Character Illustrations
- Style Guide
“Retail Voodoo is a combination of CMO, brand shaman, and personal development coach rolled in one. They articulated our brand purpose, mission, vision, and business plans to help us crush it at retail.”
- Charles Coristine, CEO + President, LesserEvil