HighKey 360° Brand Strategy
- Team emphasized speed to market and proprietary selling technology over brand and story.
- Low barriers to entry cannibalizing the brand.
- Undifferentiated product offering in a crowded category.
- Purchased on features and benefits rather than brand.
Define “WHY” the brand exist to create a campaignable idea and an unbreakable packaging system.
- Quantitative research showed that the repeat purchasers had different demographics than the Amazon sales reports.
- Product portfolio too vast to manage as a single brand.
- Good macros and good taste are rare in Keto category.
- What comes after Keto?
- Do fewer items very well vs. many ok products.
- Replace Keto with Low-Carb.
- Simplify the macros.
- Emphasize appetite appeal.
- Emphasize on-trend diets (diet-trendy) to look beyond Keto.
- Perfectly Imperfect (Craver’s advocate)
- Closing the gap between diet and delicious
- Define year and 5-year targets for channel-specific innovation
- Get Thee to Target
Tagline: FOMO NO MO’
- Launched from DTC to Target within 6 months
- From a single Amazon bestseller to 3 bestselling products
Sources: HighKey, Amazon.com
Scope of Work
- Audits & Analysis
- Audience Insights
- Research & Insights
- Trend Analysis
- Brand Positioning
- SKU Rationalization
- Visual Strategy
- Packaging Design
- Branded Ecosystem
- Sales Collateral
- Product Photography
- Lifestyle Photography Guidelines
- Brand Bible
“Retail Voodoo helped us align over 100 product ideas into 7 categories we’re using to grow our brand. What a tremendous partner!”
- John GIbb, CEO, Summit Naturals + HighKey