Sur La Table 360° Brand Strategy
Investors purchased Sur La Table from the founding family to grow the brand. Increasingly sales-focused messaging began to disconnect brand positioning and product expertise that Sur La Table was known and valued for in the marketplace. This added to an already chaotic in-store and online shopping experience.
Messaging had become increasingly focused on sales offers with little connection to Sur La Table
- We brought back the brand’s tagline, The Art & Soul of Cooking, because it quickly explains what differentiates them from competitors.
- Research uncovered that the original brand had a bit of French whimsy, so we added a simpler, Americanized version to the brand’s tone and voice. This helped balance sophisticated tastes and gadget-lust for their core audiences.
- We brought organization to the shopping experience while keeping the retail theater and the sense of discovery intact.
Brand Position: The Art & Soul of Cooking
Scope of Work
- Audits & Analysis
- Audience Insights
- Research & Insights
- Trend Analysis
- Brand Positioning
- Visual Strategy
- Packaging Design
- Merchandising Strategy
- Messaging Framework
- Store Planning
- 100% Increase in Locations in 5 Years
“This is my third major retailer where I’ve leveraged Lemley and his band of voodoo-ites. I have become a true believer of their work. They do convert consumers into true believers!“
- Robb Ginter, VP Creative Services, Sur La Table