Hilary’s Eat Well 360° Brand Development
Brand’s Momentum Stalled
- Vegan fan-base shamed the brand online for non-vegan recipes.
- Conventional retailers were slow to accept veggie burgers as a category.
- The brand was unshoppable.
- Didn’t believe they had a viable brand.
Evolve a veggie burger manufacturer into a culinary leader in allergen-free foods.
- Vegetarian options were more important to American consumers than being vegan.
- Brand DNA is culinary (started in a restaurant).
- Free-from ingredient deck was getting lost.
- Healthy diets were becoming mainstream (Paleo, Keto, Flexitarian).
- Branded was actually trusted and beloved by all retailers and consumer who were aware of it.
- Lovers of veggie burgers were experiencing “flavor fatigue”.
- Celebrate free-from without having to sacrifice taste.
- Develop new products and exotic flavors.
- Focus on convenient, culinary and clean.
- Weave sustainable farming, eating well with the reality of fixing healthy meals fast in modern life.
Eating Well Made Easy
- 5x Growth in the first 2 years.
- Bestselling veggie burger for 52+ weeks.
Scope of Work
- Audits & Analysis
- Audience Insights
- Research & Insights
- Trend Analysis
- Brand Positioning
- Visual Strategy
- Packaging Design
- Branded Ecosystem
- Sales Collateral
- Photo Guidelines
- Brand Bible
“Retail Voodoo’s strategy process helped us get back to our core, redefine our why, and propel us into the future. Our business continues to grow, just like they said it would.”
– Lydia Butler, CEO, Hilary’s Eat Well